Just throwing an idea out to the community and hopefully RECF might want to consider it as well.
Looking at the Covid-19 situation around the world, it doesn’t seem to be dying down… yet.
I know there are a few vaccines that are currently at the last stage of testings, but think a likely roll-out dates will be around end of this year or even maybe Jan/Feb 2021.
And even when the vaccine is finally out, there is still an issue of production, etc.
I can imagine that the vulnerable groups and the frontline workers will be getting the vaccine 1st (and rightly so). So it will take another 2 or 3 months before there can be enough vaccines produced for the masses.
I am wondering if RECF might want to consider postponing worlds 2021 ?
Even if it is postponed by just 1 month, I think it might help with all the international travellings, etc.
Currently we are about 7 months away to worlds 2021, hopefully this will give enough time for RECF to work out the logistics and the bookings of venues?
With all the major events being cancelled, i do think it is realistic to work out an alternative dates for worlds.
The downside will be having a shorter season 2021/22. But don’t think having a shorter (by 1 or 2 moths) season will be a big issue as compared to the risk of not having worlds for 2 years in a roll.
What do you guys think?