Pros bug? how to solve this warning

when is compile my file, it says:

ERROR - main:main - Extra data: line 527 column 2 (char 29123)
File “C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.6.4\x64\lib\json_init_.py”, line 354, in loads
File “C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.6.4\x64\lib\json\decoder.py”, line 342, in decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Extra data: line 527 column 2 (char 29123)
We detected something went wrong! Do you want to send a report? [y/N]:

How can i solve it? its really annoying but does not affect anything.

I’m getting a similar error.

Updating pros-mainline... ERROR - pros.cli.conductor:new_project - HTTPSConnectionPool(host='purduesigbots.github.io', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pros-mainline/pros-mainline.json (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(185090184, '[X509] no certificate or crl found (_ssl.c:4053)')))
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.21.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send
    raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='purduesigbots.github.io', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pros-mainline/pros-mainline.json (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(185090184, '[X509] no certificate or crl found (_ssl.c:4053)')))
We detected something went wrong! Do you want to send a report? [y/N]: 

What command did you run that results in this error? Or did you build using the button in the IDE?

Are you compiling the file or what?

I ran prosv5 conductor new-project example

I am unable to reproduce this. If you are able to come up with a minimum reproducible set of commands/steps, please file an issue and describe them at https://github.com/purduesigbots/pros/issues.

FYI, this is what I got:

[nmertin@HAL test]$ prosv5 conductor new-project example
Updating pros-mainline... Done
Applying kernel@3.1.6 [####################################] 100%
Finished applying kernel@3.1.6 to example
Applying okapilib@3.3.13 [####################################] 100%
Finished applying okapilib@3.3.13 to example
New PROS Project was created:
PROS Project for v5 at: /home/nmertin/test/example (example)
Name      Version    Origin
--------  ---------  -------------
kernel    3.1.6      pros-mainline
okapilib  3.3.13     pros-mainline
Building project...
Compiling src/autonomous.cpp [OK]
Compiling src/initialize.cpp [OK]
Compiling src/opcontrol.cpp [OK]
Adding timestamp [OK]
Linking project with libpros,okapilib [ERRORS]
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(locale.o): in function `std::locale::_Impl::_M_install_cache(std::locale::facet const*, unsigned int)':
locale.cc:(.text._ZNSt6locale5_Impl16_M_install_cacheEPKNS_5facetEj+0x18): undefined reference to `__sync_synchronize'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(locale_init.o): in function `(anonymous namespace)::get_locale_mutex()':
locale_init.cc:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_116get_locale_mutexEv+0xc): undefined reference to `__sync_synchronize'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(cxx11-ios_failure.o): in function `(anonymous namespace)::__io_category_instance()':
cxx11-ios_failure.cc:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_122__io_category_instanceEv+0xc): undefined reference to `__sync_synchronize'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [common.mk:191: bin/monolith.elf] Error 1

The __sync_synchronize error is a separate, known issue and will be resolved soon.

Yes. That is typically what I get. However recently it broke. I have no idea why. I have python3 v3.7.3 prosv5 v3.1.4. I am running pop!_os v19.04.

The error is something with the pros-mainline with the httpsconnectionpool or ssl so it’s something with python. I don’t know the pros-mainline project enough to understand what could be going wrong so I wouldn’t know how to reproduce that error.

Are you on a school network? We tend to see that issue when access to GitHub is blocked.

1 Like

This issue looks like you’ve got some extra, unparsable data sitting in your project.pros file. Check the line and column number mentioned in the error output.

1 Like

alright. thanks for your help hotel