PROS build error /bin/sh

Hi, I have run into an issue whilst building a project in PROS 3.3.1. When running prosV5 make I get the following error:

/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `if test 0 -eq 1; then printf "%s\n" "echo 'char const * const _PROS_COMPILE_TIMESTAMP = __DATE__ " " __TIME__; char const * const _PROS_COMPILE_DIRECTORY = "tons/APS/01-11-2020(a)";' | intercept-cc -c -x c -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon-fp16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -Os -g -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_UNIX98_THREAD_MUTEX_ATTRIBUTES  -Wno-psabi -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fdiagnostics-color -funwind-tables --std=gnu11  -o ./bin/_pros_ld_timestamp.o -"; fi;'
make: *** [common.mk:238: bin/hot.package.elf] Error 1
Error: Failed to build

I have tried creating a new project and pasting in the code but this failed. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you try and create a brand new project without pasting your code into it and seeing if that compiles. this would help determine if this is a problem with your pros application/download/computer/tool path or the likes or if this is something relating to your code. I am not a pros error expert but some more troubleshooting couldn’t hurt.

Your directory path has a ( and a ) in it, which is messing with bash. Try renaming it. You’ll also have issues with spaces in the path.

1 Like

Do you mean that my path has the string ‘&a’ in it and this is causing the errors?

No, your path has parentheses.

1 Like

“tons/APS/01-11-2020(a)”

Is atleast some of the path to the project right? This part of it

(a)

is causing issues, as we don’t escape paths, and bash thinks it’s a command to it.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks very much, I’ll try tomorrow.