PROS February Update (Wireless Upload and new UI)

Hey,

I was trying to build my project with the new update and when i set USE_PACKAGE to 0 it compiled just fine but when I set it equal to 1 it did not build and gave me an error with the Okapi libraries. I have attached an image of the command line below. When I set the USE_PACKAGE to 1 it works just fine however. Is it because some of my code uses stuff from the display library?

pros%20error

Have you updated okapilib?

Yeet, that was it. I could’ve sworn I updated it but I guess I didn’t. Thanks!

Will do next time I am at our club facility. As of Saturday our season is done.

WirelessDownloadError

It appears your links are broken

Fixed it. Now it shows up.

Are you sure you’ve upgraded PROS? It reports that the CLI version is 3.1.3. Latest is 3.1.4 (which enabled support for wireless upload).

I’m having this problem when I try to download wirelessly.

I’m able to clean the project fine, and I’m able to click the download to robot button once. When i do, it goes through the download process and it seems to think it has downloaded, but in fact the code on the brain doesn’t change. Then if i do exactly the same thing again it gives me these errors when i try to download

could not open port 'COM22'. Try closing any other VEX IDEs such as ROBOTC, VCS, or firmware utilities; moving to a different USB port; or restarting the device. ERROR - pros.cli.upload:upload - could not open port 'COM22'. Try closing any other VEX IDEs such as ROBOTC, VCS, or firmware utilities; moving to a different USB port; or restarting the device.
name 'exit' is not defined ERROR - __main__:main - name 'exit' is not defined and when i try to build it gives me some form of cannot remove .

Has anyone encountered this problem or found a fix?

@Anomaly I just got this error today on my linux box.

Just switched laptops to get it working

Yikes, I only really have access to one laptop. Thank you though!

Once I download the installer to update to the latest CLI, which options do I check? The options it gives me are PROS Editor, Toolchain on Path, Old Programming Cable Driver, Programming Cable Driver (64-bit), V5 Drivers, and V5 Vision Utility. I already have the Vision Utility, so I’m assuming I don’t need that, but what should I check just to update to the latest version.

Toolchain on path is quite useful. You don’t need any of the drivers, though selecting the Vision utility should update it to a newer version.
You may as well update the editor while you are at it.
The CLI will be installed by default, no option for that.

Connected to the cortex - Program upload successful.

C:\Users\ghenderson\Documents\TraceLog2\TraceLog\Debug>prosv5 lsusb --debug
INFO - pros.cli.common:callback - Debugging messages enabled
DEBUG - pros:callback - CLI Version: 3.1.4
DEBUG - pros.serial.ports:list_all_comports - Connected: {‘device’: ‘COM5’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘Communications Port (COM5)’, ‘hwid’: ‘ACPI\PNP0501\5&15D725F4&0’, ‘vid’: None, ‘pid’: None, ‘serial_number’: None, ‘location’: None, ‘manufacturer’: ‘(Standard port types)’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None};{‘device’: ‘COM3’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘Intel® Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)’, ‘hwid’: ‘PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D&SUBSYS_82AB103C&REV_31\3&11583659&2&B3’, ‘vid’: None, ‘pid’: None, ‘serial_number’: None, ‘location’: None, ‘manufacturer’: ‘Intel’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None};{‘device’: ‘COM11’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘VEX V5 User Port (COM11)’, ‘hwid’: ‘USB VID:PID=2888:0501 SER=6 LOCATION=1-4:x.2’, ‘vid’: 10376, ‘pid’: 1281, ‘serial_number’: ‘6’, ‘location’: ‘1-4:x.2’, ‘manufacturer’: ‘VEX Robotics, Inc.’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None};{‘device’: ‘COM13’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘VEX V5 Communications Port (COM13)’, ‘hwid’: ‘USB VID:PID=2888:0501 SER=6 LOCATION=1-4:x.0’, ‘vid’: 10376, ‘pid’: 1281, ‘serial_number’: ‘6’, ‘location’: ‘1-4:x.0’, ‘manufacturer’: ‘VEX Robotics, Inc.’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None}
VEX EDR V5 System Ports:
COM13 - VEX V5 Communications Port (COM13)
VEX EDR V5 User ports:
COM11 - VEX V5 User Port (COM11)
There are no connected VEX EDR Cortex Microcontroller Ports

Connected to the controller - upload failed

C:\Users\ghenderson\Documents\TraceLog2\TraceLog\Debug>prosv5 lsusb --debug
INFO - pros.cli.common:callback - Debugging messages enabled
DEBUG - pros:callback - CLI Version: 3.1.4
DEBUG - pros.serial.ports:list_all_comports - Connected: {‘device’: ‘COM5’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘Communications Port (COM5)’, ‘hwid’: ‘ACPI\PNP0501\5&15D725F4&0’, ‘vid’: None, ‘pid’: None, ‘serial_number’: None, ‘location’: None, ‘manufacturer’: ‘(Standard port types)’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None};{‘device’: ‘COM3’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘Intel® Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)’, ‘hwid’: ‘PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D&SUBSYS_82AB103C&REV_31\3&11583659&2&B3’, ‘vid’: None, ‘pid’: None, ‘serial_number’: None, ‘location’: None, ‘manufacturer’: ‘Intel’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None};{‘device’: ‘COM5’, ‘name’: None, ‘description’: ‘VEX V5 Controller Port (COM5)’, ‘hwid’: ‘USB VID:PID=2888:0503 SER=6 LOCATION=1-4:x.1’, ‘vid’: 10376, ‘pid’: 1283, ‘serial_number’: ‘6’, ‘location’: ‘1-4:x.1’, ‘manufacturer’: ‘VEX Robotics, Inc.’, ‘product’: None, ‘interface’: None}
VEX EDR V5 System Ports:
COM5 - VEX V5 Controller Port (COM5)
There are no connected VEX EDR V5 User ports
There are no connected VEX EDR Cortex Microcontroller Ports

Any thoughts on the command output?

Nope, it looks like PROS was able to detect you have a controller plugged in and would be able to upload to it. If you’ve already sent us a bug report through the prompt we’ve already taken a look at it. If it’s consistently not uploading, I’d make sure your V5 firmware is up to date and/or try a different computer. The V5 sometimes just doesn’t respond to your PC for any number of reasons outside of the control of PROS as far as I’m aware.

Thanks. The failure to upload is consistent. I will try with a different computer (all of our systems are HP Win10). I will also put a USB protocol analyzer on the bus and see if there are any issues there. Perhaps a driver rollback would solve the problem. I will keep at it and report my findings.

Yeah, that’s the best I think you can do. We do test on a variety of computers within SIGBots and we’ll sit down and work on a particular computer if it’s having issues. Presently, everyone in our org is able to upload. It’s tough to remotely debug these sorts of subtle bugs that lie on the edge of PROS’s domain.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?
i did everything the docs told me to do and i also tried building it but its not working

please help

You need to upgrade the kernel and the pros cli, available from the github. There is something you did not upgrade.
Also, you can try running prosv5 make all or PROS->Build->All