PSA, TOMORROW THE WINDOWS 10 FREE UPGRADE EXPIRES!

If you have ANY Windows 7 or 8 keys laying around NOT IN USE, now is the time to upgrade them. For keys that are IN USE, you’ll want to physically upgrade those machines if you can / want to.

IF YOU TRUST ME TO DO SO, AND ARE UNABLE TO DO SO YOURSELF

I will happily activate your key on a dummy virtual machine. This will turn that key into digital entitlement for Windows 10 and critically it will upgrade the key. Once this is done you can later install Win 10 on another machine, call Microsoft and tell them your motherboard crapped out. Give them your old key (which I activated / upgraded for you) and they will transfer the entitlement to the new machine.

I’ve already done this twice with keys I own. Note that this will permanently change the key to a Windows 10 key. I don’t know if it will be downgradable after the upgrade period, probably not.

Also note that 32 bit Windows 7 keys become 64 bit keys for Windows 10 (Win 10 doesn’t really have a 32 bit version). I managed to upgrade a useless old Windows 7 Pro 32 bit key I had laying around to a useful Windows 10 key a few months ago.

Otherwise, you need to upgrade your machine TODAY. The world is moving forward, move with us or shell out $150 for an OS later.

If you have a key and need it upgraded ASAP, send it my way (obviously via PM, or email, or Skype, not publically).

DO NOT POST KEYS HERE (or anywhere public for that matter)!

ALSO NOTE, this probably violates MS’s terms of service. So, that risk is on you, I take absolutely zero responsibility or liability for what happens to your key. Don’t send me anything unless you absolutely trust me in this regard.

I’ll be spending most of the day doing finals, so don’t expect a reply to PM’s / Skype messages during most of this afternoon.

-Cody

I wouldn’t be very suprised if Microsoft extended the free upgrade period. But thanks for this PSA.

Looking forward to the forced upgrade software part going away.

New OS, new hardware. Never upgrade. :slight_smile:

Exactly, in-place OS upgrades at the pits. Good with patches, not good with new OS.

Thanks for doing this :slight_smile: