QCC2 In The Zone Field Renders


#1

I thought I’d take a shot at doing some field renders since I’ve been experimenting in Blender recently. I’m still learning so go easy on me. If anyone wants different angles, colors or lighting, I may be able to get those done.

The files are hosted in a shared google Drive folder here . I’m experimenting with the scene (the lighting in particular) still but I wanted to get some of the crisp ones I’ve done so far out there, so more will be added as I work on them.

Feel free to use however you’d like, I just request that credit to the author (me) is given.


#2

Nice. Stuff like this could be handy for promotional fliers and the like.


#3

Love the quality. Thanks.


#4

@jmmckinney I think I may just use some of this on promotional flyers and possibly even scouting sheets…


#5

@Barin sure thing! Let me know if you need anything specific that I don’t already have done.


#6

Hmm… I’m noticing a lack of gouges in the foam tiles :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, these are really nice. Good job and thank you!


#7

Thanks! I added a few more renders in there and I’m doing a 21:9 ratio one for my ultrawide monitor right now.

In case anyone would like to give rendering anything in Blender a shot, I also added all the STL files that I exported from the field CAD for Blender since you can’t import STEP files without converting them. Most of the cones are grouped in sections on the field and the field elements, tiles and walls have their own files as well. Just make sure to reduce the poly count when you import the files and apply it so you don’t end up with a 2GB scene file, the STLs are large.


#8

Looks really nice! I would say the only non-photorealistic part is the surroundings of the field in the first one


#9

Wow, very nice


#10

This is awesome


#11

@Highwayman Yeah those planes and the box the field is sitting on don’t have textures yet so they look out of place. I’m working on the lighting and colors a bit before I focus on those textures.


#12

looks really realistic :slight_smile:


#13

Thanks so much. An unlabelled top view of the field is invaluable in strategy planning.


#14

Did some more lighting work and did a render of the “stock” field view:

There’s a 1080p render of this one in the shared folder. No 4k or 8k yet, will render overnight probably…


#15

I think the blue and red ‘glow’ along the bottom of the field perimeter looks a bit out of place with the seemingly pure white output of what are presumably LED strips. Would it be possible to make the LED strips have a light red/blue color instead of pure white?


#16

The light from those strips is colored, its just so bright that it gets over-saturated and looks white. I could try lowering the emission strength and see how it looks.


#17

Is there any chance you could create a render like this, only with a smaller (lower) white box and a higher camera angle please? I’d like to use it for my desktop background.


#18

@jmmckinney you made these pictures with blender?


#19

My goodness, those are good renders!!

Would it be possible to do a render with a white background and floor? The blue is cool, but I would like to see what it looks like all white. Also, maybe go easy on the light effects on the side of the field, they seem overly bright. Still though, amazing!!!


#20

Thanks! I can do a white floor, I’ve been busy recently with some moving and new work but once I get my rendering rig set up I can try the white flooring out. I’d like to do some texturing but I haven’t had time to do a low detail rug texture or find anything else that would look or work well with the scene. I was pretty lazy with the lights on the sides, they’re just rectangular bars with a light material that looks pretty strange when it’s not bright, I would have to play with the color saturation to make it look good if dimmer, or I’d have to come up with a better solution for producing light with those. I’ll make one without the lights though.

Yes, the renders were done in blender. I took the official field CAD files which are in STEP format, converted all the object groups into high res STL files and then imported them into blender and reduced the poly counts from there to make the workflow fast enough to be bearable.