Rack Gear Question

What is it called when you have a metal gear that moves a rack gear on a linear slide?

You mean rack and pinion?

rack and pinion

Edit:I was beat to it.

Thanks for that. It was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn’t remember exactly what it was called

Wow. And by only 1 minute. Haha. :slight_smile:

But yeah, rack and pinion. What makes you ask?

Oh. I was just wondering the name for a diagram of my new bot. I needed to label it but I had no Idea what it was called.

rack n pinion; 1138 has used a rack n pinon lift on every robot since elevation. :slight_smile: