Your design as of right now is good enough; you don’t have to completely rebuild, only make minor changes. But some things I noticed right off the bat that you may want to address:
- The conveyor motor mounted in front of the top roller… that just… doesn’t feel right…
- Make your rubber bands neater on the conveyor rollers.
- Ziptie your wires to the metal, it will make the robot look flatter and overall cleaner, which, believe it or not, will be important in alliance selection, as teams are more likely to pick teams whose robots are pleasing to look at.
- Why are you gearing for torque on the middle sprocket in your intakes? Also, just because the sprocket is 18T in the middle doesn’t mean the outer sprocket will go faster. It will go the same speed as the motor.
Like he said, you have a good amount of space to implement these, particularly in between the outer braces where the wheels and motors are mounted on the base.
Also, if you’re not already, use 600 RPM cartridges in your conveyor motors.
If you really want to rebuild, some new features you could try by making accommodations include:
- Ejector (“pooper” as many teams call it)
- New base design (switch from tank to x-drive or mecanum?)
- Deflector (artificial backboard to make your shots more consistent)
This is especially important. Make sure that your rebuild solves the important issues that have been troubling you with your current design.