REC Foundation Event Partner Docs - #putitback

Yesterday I could find the judges guide and STEM docs under the event partner documents. As they aren’t listed anywhere else, I took all my classes through the process of finding the documents on that site.

Today, the website is redesigned… I can’t just list out all of the documents and some of the important documents are now gone… And I need to click through several buttons to figure that out.

The event partner docs is supposed to be a library of information, no need to pretty it up. The #1 thing we need is to get to the information quickly. Sometimes we have to look this stuff up on our phones at events and having to go through an extra button seems pretty pointless to me.

So, put it back… pretty please… at least until you put all the documents back???

4 Likes

It’s unlikely they’ll see this request, it’s better to send any feedback to support@robotevents.com. They’ve always been open to feedback for me in the past.

Yeah the sorting of it is off, the primary documents as an EP that I use are

• Judges Guide
  • Qualifying Criteria Document

And they’re not really found easily on the site.

1 Like

Can you find the judges guide at all? I even had the link to the file and it’s no longer working…

2 Likes

I remember they revised the judges’ guide this year, and I think the new one has a different link.

If you had a link to the old one, they may have removed it, and if you had a link to the new one, I suppose they could have changed the link again to one that makes more sense for future years (even though it would be better to just keep it like it is).

If they wanted to redesign the website, they should have made sure everything was working properly on the new one before they got rid of the old one. And it would have been best to make the changes over the summer, instead of right around the start of the school year.

They did fix the two biggest problems with the Robot Events search, though (it doesn’t hide the region filters by default anymore, and it shows the events in the order they will be held), so I’m hopeful that they will fix the problems with the event partner documents soon.

Edited to add: And yes, I don’t see the Judge Guide on the VRC Judge & Volunteer page, when it really should be the first document listed.

Plus they should make the links on that page go straight to the document (like you said), not to some page with almost-useless information about the document. (I imagine some people might like reading the brief summary so they can decide whether to open the PDF - especially if they’re low on hard drive space - but most people would prefer having one less click to make, especially if they’re used to the way things worked before.)

2 Likes

The judges guide for this year was on the event partner section yesterday. The STEM was also up for this year. The theme is science and there was an emphasis on robotic data collection… or something like that.

I understand that the Online Challenges come online late because of sponsorships, etc. No reason the judge’s guide should come out after the first WORLDS qualifying event.

4 Likes

You will be suprised how many things on the VEX robotics website gets changed because of discussions on the VEXForums and even the Unofficial VEX Discord Server. But if you really want to push for a request I do agree; emailing them directly would help improve your chances of being acknowledged.

3 Likes

I did. I actually just sent a link to this thread.

1 Like

I spent about 30 minutes searching the site and found a single link to the judges document here: https://www.roboticseducation.org/volunteers-3/volunteer-resources/ under VRC/judges. However, the link is broken to the judges guide and returns a 404 error.
Hopefully this has just been missed and gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

IT WORKS NOW!!!

judge-guide-2019-20.pdf (5.2 MB)

3 Likes

Although, I think this thread is about stuff on the RECF website - not the VEX website.

1 Like

Robotevents.com is RECF not VEX its still the correct place to send reports.

1 Like

Judge’s guide and STEM are back up. Still don’t like the layout, but at least it’s there.

1 Like

OK… ANOTHER change… BUT I like it!!! More like the old to easily find stuff, but still snazzy and cool like the kids want it.

3 Likes

Definitely MUCH better!!

1 Like

Now they just need to update the first page to include at least one girl. Come on RECF!!!

3 Likes