REC Foundation Town Hall Tonight! (9/16)

Join us for the Season Contingency Town Hall Webinar today (9/16) at 6 PM CST.

We’ll hear from REC Foundation CEO, @DanMantz, and VEX Robotics Global Competition Manager, @Grant_Cox, on all the ways we’re here for you this season, some special new announcements about live remote competitions, and a NEW Online Challenge!

Learn more & register: https://bit.ly/3lRdnSv

22 Likes

Ok nice i might be able to be there

I hope everything is recorded and available tomorrow. I feel like I’m going to bed in about 23 minutes. One of those days…

Many thanks to all of RECF making things happen here. I’m sending kits home so the kids can keep with it.

12 Likes

I’ve never related so much to someone I’ve never met

10 Likes

I know of 3 people who will be recording it, lol.

2 Likes

Watching it now - yeah, rough day with first day of school in our district.

2 Likes

RECF - Isn’t virtual great?
Person they brought in to say virtual is great - Virtual competition is great!

8 Likes

i gave up watching… the audio and video keep breaking up over my end. Getting too painful.

Got to rely on you folks to fill us up on the details…

5 Likes

Audio and video quality are fine for me. Must be on your end.

Does the remote comp like just have two teams on two fields compete at the same time? Seems really pointless. There’s no interaction, so why not just do skills at that point?

6 Likes

Well, four teams on four fields, with some cool-sounding scoring modifications to make it work, but yes.

there’s a fairly complex rule change that’s basically gonna make sure its not just skills. I think theyll release it it a few hours, and the entire change releases Oct 1st

They’ve released the info for the remote comp rn so if y’all wanna see it, it might answer quite a few questions

Where? unless you mean the stream?

They just announced in-person worlds will happen in Dallas.

3 Likes

it should be on their youtube in a few minutes, they said on the stream

1 Like

14 Likes
5 Likes

Q: How many teams will be admitted to in-person worlds?
RECF - Chirp Chirp

2 Likes