Replacement for Standoffs

So we need stability for our tilter. We can’t use standoffs because there aren’t any the size we need and we are not able to cut them. Is there any replacement?

we used a C-channel and 1 hole wide pieces with bearings on them

1 Like

This is what we did and I think it is similar to kmaster’s idea too
44%20AM
Its basically a c-channel with bearings and screw joints to make it move. In the front you can use a 12in axle to connect on to your tray to make the whole thing work.

1 Like

Use the largest size that doesn’t surpass your desired length, and fill the rest of the distance with spacers.

How do u attach the half c’s to the tray?

so you see the flat berings, on the c-channels, basically all you have to do is attach long screw through the channel and add a nut to tighten it on. But don’t tighten the screw all the way because the channel needs to pivot. 26%20PM

Edit:
34%20PM
07%20PM
I used pillow bearings and a 12 in axle to connect the c-channels to my tray. I don’t have pics now so I’m just using my cad to show you.
Hope that helps you and anyone who is wondering the same!

2 Likes

That’s pretty nice thx! I’m planning on improving nearly every mechanism on the robot this weekend and have a god tier complex tray and this may be an improvement considering I was using standoffs earlier

2 Likes