Rise Above Robot Height Restrictions

So with the new Rise Above Challenge the manual explains that the dimensions of the robot are to be within the starting area of 11” x 19” and cannot be taller than 15” from the floor. I am assuming the height restriction refers only to the starting position and not to the full extension of the arm/lift during the actual match?

2 Likes

This is what the Game manual says:

Pre-match setup. At the beginning of a Match, each Robot must meet the following criteria:
1. Only be contacting the Floor and/or the field perimeter.
2. Fit within an 11” x 19” (279.4mm x 482.6mm) area, bounded by the Starting Positions.
3. Be no taller than 15” from the Floor.
ReadTheManual

Edit: I added the picture above.
Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

1 Like

Your assumption is correct. As you read the game manual, keep in mind that the game manual tells you what you must do, and what you must not do. It would be impossible to tell you everything that your might or could do. Also remember that the manual changes each year. Rules from last year regarding expansion apply only to last year’s game.

2 Likes

I got to say, I think the students will have a lot of fun with the added range for building with unlimited expansion in Height, Length and Width once the match starts.

One of the reasons the 6ft x 8ft field would have been necessary.

1 Like

As a student, I can definitely confirm this. This is my last year in IQ, and although stuff like tipping isn’t very fun, it’s going to be a lot of fun to make a really big bot.

1 Like

You need to take quick look at the distance between the goals. You are not going to be able to create a huge bot.

1 Like

you can do anything you want in terms of size, as long as it is in the starting restriction. you can drive OVER goals btw.

He meant when the goals have risers in them already, it might be easy to knock them down.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.