RMS Vision Sensor IQ Python example

Hi @RobotMesh. Do you have any example Python vision sensor program for IQ? I’ve got the basics working in Blockly but when I try to create something based on the example linked below, I get an error on the IQ screen that says:

EXCEPTION: 0xea
Name err
File 0x09 Line 1358
main:22 main

https://www.robotmesh.com/studio/5be40cf0c8f17a1f5799ca9b

0 Likes

I don’t believe the vision sensor is supported for IQ yet.

0 Likes

Works fine in Blockly.

0 Likes

Then never mind I guess. Thought I’d read somewhere that the vision sensor wasn’t yet compatible for IQ.

0 Likes

@calvc01

Hmm, it definitely worked when I wrote it, and we don’t seem to have made any API changes… I’ll look into it on Monday.

@Xenon27

You might be remembering that it is not yet legal for the IQ competition this year.

0 Likes

I guess so. Sorry for any confusion

0 Likes

Cool, thanks. In the meantime, I’ll have a bit more of a play and see if I can narrow it down at all.

0 Likes

I tested a version without motors this morning and didn’t run into any problems. Any luck on your end?

0 Likes

Thanks for checking John. Will try again shortly.
Obviously something I’m doing! Will report back soon.

0 Likes

Deffo operator error! Not sure where I went wrong though but OK now.
Apologies for the false alarm and thanks for looking into it so quickly as well.

1 Like

So, all good now, lots of good stuff going on. Is the limit 4 objects per signature in the array? It doesn’t seem to see any more after 4 but the sensor itself seems to detect hundreds much like Pixy.

0 Likes

It’s an issue of communication bandwidth. It’s detecting more than four, but it only has time to report ~four. It will report the largest four of whichever signature you ask it for, though, so you could keep track of eight+ objects as long as there are no more than four objects per color signature. You would just have to cycle through asking it about different signatures.

1 Like

Cool, thanks.
So is it the I2C bandwidth that is the limitation vs. using SPI on Arduino with a Pixy2?

0 Likes