Robot in 3 Days

You doubt my editing skills :slight_smile:

Look for it in a couple of days. (Keep in mind I have about 36hrs of film to sort through)

It might also take a little longer because this is one of the most complicated robots we have ever made and I want to explain how we got to it.

Keep on the look out!

Will you include the motor allocation process when you explain this? Our team is really having debates on where to use the motors, and if we should scrap 2 for pneumatics. Most of the discussion has gone to a debate between 2 more motors on the drive vs. 2 more motors on the lift. Looking forward to seeing what you all made this along with @meng 8059 team’s revels have been a summer highlight these last few years.

If I may ask, are you debating 6 drive/2 lift or 4 drive/4 lift or some other arrangement? I have 6 motors on my drive, 2 motors on my lift for cones, and 2 motors on my lift for mobile goals personally.

So will it Ri3D Vi6W (Video in 6 weeks) like last year? :stuck_out_tongue:
Am looking forward to seeing this. From the leaks I’ve seen so far, it should be very interesting…

I will try my best to make it as soon as possible, but its not going to be anywhere close to another vi6w.

There are already leaks? :frowning:

Here is a short clip of a bet I made Aaron and Aden at 10pm on the 2nd day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHzPEz4qKhU&feature=youtu.be

Yeah it’s between going with 4 standards and 6 hs on the drive, and 4 hs or 2 standards on the lift. This game strategic design wise is probably my favorite since sack attack or skyrise.

Normally I would be fine with 4 motors running a high speed gear ratio on a robot, but this year I feel better with 6 because of the weight of my robot and the mobile goal with cones.

I’m actually trying to run a high speed 1:7 2-motor DR4B lift. I haven’t tested it but I got it neutrally buoyant with elastics, so it should be fine given that the only variation in weight is one cone.

Na, that’s too much on lift

:wink:
FullSizeRender.jpg

IKR lol…

Any idea now when the reveal will be posted? We are all really eager to see what you all have been working on, as you announced a RI3D 10 days ago.

It hasn’t even been a week yet, be patient.

lol last year they didn’t post it until near the end of summer. I’m not expecting them to rush any more this year :stuck_out_tongue:

(Hint: this was just incentive for you to prove me wrong)

@Cameron Schiller

Hey if you give me the footage i could totally edit ya know

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

please

Maybe if you guys could post a teaser, it would calm us all down. Or maybe just a pic of the robot.

Well maybe now he will post it and give it to everyone but you.

Cameron already posted a trailer

The Ri3d Team is proud to announce…

The Ripper

Wrong link, it goes to “My Videos”

oops, shocked me for a second :wink: