Robot in Parking Garage

I have a robotics team meeting after school today, and my mom needs to bring my robot with her while she volunteers at the library. This would entail her leaving my V5 electronics in the car in a shaded parking garage. Would my electronics be safe for just under 3 hours in the car in a parking garage basement? I live in Arizona, so it’s supposed to get to 97 degrees farenheit today. @jpearman do you know how much heat a V5 brain can withstand?

3 Likes

It should be fine. Most electronics will be just fine under those circumstances. (Source: those conditions are not dissimilar to ACPE’s robotics room on a normal summer day)

More important than temperature is to minimize the visibility of your robot from outside the car, to reduce the likelihood that someone will want to break in.

8 Likes

I think you might be okay, plastic doesn’t begin to melt until above 200 degrees. If you do quickswap motors maybe remove them and keep them on you. The brain you might also want to. As three hours is a long time to sit. Or maybe try getting a cooler to put it in.

you might want to remove the battery and take that with you, batteries and heat don’t mix too well…

2 Likes

you should be fine, I’ve never worried about it too much here in SoCal, just keep it out of direct sunlight.

5 Likes

I don’t think the thieves are very likely to be former vex competitors they would have better thing to do. I think they would more likely suppose it as scrap metal

Um…this is a post about the heat level that V5 components can withstand. Not potential parking garage thieves.

8 Likes

I think that it was sidetracked

I would take the battery out (maybe shove it in your backpack or something), other than that I can’t think of anything else on the robot that can’t stand a little heat.

3 Likes

Taran’s robot just texted to say thank you for caring.

6 Likes

Wait… how did it get your number? It was only supposed to notify me.

3 Likes

Well, remember that time you left your phone in the robotics room…

1 Like

You aren’t even in my region.

1 Like

You also assume I have a robotics room.

2 Likes

Don’t worry cell calls don’t have long distance charges.

I had a great chat with your bot.

2 Likes

Once again, my robot has never been to a robotics room.

1 Like

And you would need to get to my computer to input your number into the program. You haven’t done that. Like don’t even try. It doesn’t leave my sights.

1 Like

Also, could a mod maybe change this to chit chat/ rumor mill ?

2 Likes

That’s what your bot told me.

Are you sure?

Besides, I don’t have to do it myself. Remember, we are besties with your robot now.

3 Likes

Have you considered the possibility that when you tried editing my program, I caught it and have been impersonating my robot via text messages to you? Remember. I never take my eyes off my laptop.

2 Likes