• Powerful event-driven asynchronous programming – callbacks/events available on V5 motor rotate commands, sensors and touch LCD display.
• Use setTimeout/setInterval for delayed/repeated tasks.
• Example programs: Bump Sensor Camera Aiming Dead Reckoning Holonomic, Simple Holonomic Arm Lifting with Hold LCD Feedback
• VCS Competition Template support with Competition class
o Callbacks and event handlers configured during the autonomous callback are cancelled upon switch to drivercontrol.
Other new features
• V5 SD card support (in C++) use vex::sdcard methods, c stdio file functions, or c++ file streams
• V5 Motor open loop control, see vex::motor::spin with voltage parameter
• Improvements to C++ Thread stack memory usage
• New V5 Battery methods: now read battery temperature, voltage and current
What will you code next?