Robot Mesh

So I was designing my robot today and I need some help for the mobile goal lift. I want to do 4 bar lift design with gears but really don’t know how to do it. Any ideas on how to put it? Because I think if I do the same on the other side they would not have enough room to bring the mogo up. If anyone asking if I’m doing external stacking.
Pic.PNG

What a lot of teams are doing rather successfully is running the gearing for their mobile goal lift inside of their drivetrain itself. In between the two wheels on each side, there is a 60 (or whatever ratio you’re running) tooth gear that has a piece of c-channel attached to it, and the other c channel for each side of the four bar is run also on the inside of the drivetrain, next to the front wheel. That way, they don’t need to build supports in the middle of the robot, which are just extra weight.

I don’t really understand what you are saying. But then would be using the motors for your drivetrain for you mobile goals. I have 2 motors dedicated to for the mobile goal. Just don’t know how to make fit in that space. Forgot to say I would be running chains for the drivetrain in that space. Where the wheels are

Perhaps this poorly-edited Paint image can help. Basically, the green circles are 60-tooth gears in the center of each side of your drivetrain. Attached to each is a piece of c channel that goes upwards and rotates with the gear. Also at the front of each side of the drivetrain is another piece of c channel so that it becomes a four bar. Put spacers (the white lines) on the ends of each piece of c channel so you can get the right width for your mobile goal intake, and then link each of the two pieces together with a horizontal piece of c channel that you can use to attach the actual thing that hooks onto the mobile goal.

Hopefully the drawing helped, I have no idea how to explain it any better.

Thanks make way more sense now. Question would the 60 tooth gear connected to the drivetrain? Cause I’m going to use chains.

Yes, the gear is connected to the drivetrain. However, you can still chain your wheels together if the gear is in-line with the wheels.

Pretend this image is one side of your drivetrain. Dark green circles are wheels, dark green rectangles are motors. Light green circle is the 60-tooth gear, gray circle is the pinion that’s connected to the gear. Red is chain, and grey lines are axles.

Here, the gear is in-line with your wheels, so the chain (in red) runs through it just fine, no problems.

However, I wouldn’t even recommend chaining your drivetrain, because it just causes unnecessary friction. It accomplishes nothing, really. Just directly drive each of your wheels (this is assuming you are doing a 4 motor drive).

For clarification for the OP:
In conventional usage the phrase “connected to the drivetrain” would mean that the gear is attached to the the motors driving the wheels. That is not what @Mystellianne means here. As clarified in the supplied drawing, the intent is to power the 60 tooth gears (if doing 5-1) from 12 tooth pinions driven by motors isolated from the drivetrain motors.