Robot not doing what the code is supposed to do

I think my code is not downloading to the robot correctly. When i turn on the program all the robot does is the left joystick controls the left side of the robot and the right joystick controls the right motors. it is supposed to be split arcade and i have looked over the code and tried to make changes and when i change the code nothing happens to the controls.
anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem

#include "main.h"
#define bleft_PORT 1
#define mleft_PORT 3
#define fleft_PORT 6
#define bright_PORT 2
#define mright_PORT 4
#define fright_PORT 5

void initialize(){
	pros::Motor bleft_initializer (bleft_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);
	pros::Motor mleft_initializer (mleft_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);
	pros::Motor fleft_initializer (fleft_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);
	pros::Motor bright_initializer (bright_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, true, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);
	pros::Motor mright_initializer (mright_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, true, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);
	pros::Motor fright_initializer (fright_PORT, pros::E_MOTOR_GEARSET_18, true, pros::E_MOTOR_ENCODER_DEGREES);

}
void opcontrol() {
	pros::Controller master(CONTROLLER_MASTER);
	pros::Motor B_left(bleft_PORT);
	pros::Motor m_left(mleft_PORT);
	pros::Motor f_left(fleft_PORT);
	pros::Motor b_right(bright_PORT, true);
	pros::Motor m_right(mright_PORT, true);
	pros::Motor f_right(fright_PORT, true);

while (true) {
		int power = master.get_analog(ANALOG_LEFT_X) ;
		int turn = master.get_analog(ANALOG_RIGHT_Y);

int left = power + turn;
		int right = power - turn;
		B_left = left;
		 m_left = left;
		 f_left = left;
		 b_right = right;
		 m_right = right;
		 f_right = right;

pros::delay(20);
	}
}

2 things:

I don’t really understand what you’re doing here. You initialize the motors in opcontrol(), and the motors you create in initialize are destructed at the end of initialize(). You can remove all of these motor constructors without any effects.

To set the voltage on a motor in PROS, you have to use one of the PROS Motor class member functions. In this case, you would use the move() function. For example, for your motor B_left, the correct code would be B_left.move(left);

2 Likes