Saving to Desktop does not create a mk4v file like the documentation says it should

Hi,

Recently, when I’ve tried to save my project to my desktop it hasn’t worked. What gets saved is a text file that I can open up and look at using any standard text editor. I can tell by looking at that file that not everything is included in that text file. In addition, I was asked to send my mk4v file to support for some assistance and I am unable to do so. So now I cant get help with my other issue either. Can you shed some light on this issue of not saving properly? I have tired saving different programs on different computers. Nothing works.

Thanks,
Thad

Hi Thad,

That is correct, the mk4v file is a text file in the JSON format. So everything sounds fine up until you say “I can tell by looking at that file that not everything is included in that text file.” Let’s deal with that first.

Please take screen shots of each tab within blocks view (eg Motor/Drivetrain/Bumper/etc) and post them here along with your mk4v file that you are able to download. That way we can see if something is in fact missing and go from there.

Here’s a simple example with one motor and code blocks in the motor and brain tabs. Everything is represented in that mk4v file. You’ll also notice that the mk4v file shows up with a Modkit logo but only if you have the Modkit for VEX desktop software installed.

Thanks!
Modkit

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 11.51.40 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 11.51.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 11.55.37 AM.png

Hi Thad,

Thanks for contacting us through our support email. You’ve helped us identify and solve an issue with invalid filenames and we will follow up with you via email.

Thanks,
Modkit

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.10.13 PM.jpg