School Rivalries

Rivalries are awesome so long as they are healthy and not toxic. If you find yourself being mean to them or talking behind their back, that’s unhealthy. So is cheating or attempting to sabotage (for obvious reasons). Other than that, go right ahead! Our team has a few rivalries ourselves lol

7 Likes

We have the opposite problem lol. We’ve never had rivals outside of our school.

2 Likes

So, our sister team has resorted to doing what they call “divine intervention”. Which basically means they loosen all of the keps nuts on our bot right before we queue. It kinda sucks.

4 Likes

Do you let them do that?
Use nylocks

4 Likes

Me and a fellow programmer on a different team are currently racing for a consistent 5 point autonomous… both of our stacks fell. We both got a kick out of our 1 point autons though.

4 Likes

Seeing as I am competing in VEX as a middle schooler, kinda doesn’t apply to me. But no.

3 Likes

@Nylock_Nut What do you think

3 Likes

So what your saying is that they do it without your permission and it’s messing with your performance/you don’t like it?

2 Likes

In Mankato Minnesota, there is a pretty big rivalry between our two high schools: East (9457) and West (8110).

2 Likes

Here is Pike Road Alabama we have 8 teams for our school system. We have 4 middle school teams 67558A-D and we also have 4 high school teams. (These will probably change as many of the middles schoolers will join the high school next year) the middle school teams have huge rivalries though we havn’t done anything to negativily affect another teams performance. But that is just us. On the day before our final tournament and final chance to secure a spot in State one team-member broke the rear claw of our robot which we had spent lots of time on and was a key element in our strategy. It was not the whole team but.1 kid but I think it lowered our chances of winning.

2 Likes

In Texas Region 4, I think the biggest rivalry this year was Bourne Alliance vs. 2158. These 2 never actually played each other, but there was tension, since Bourne and 2158 were some of the more dominant teams in the region. 8756M is also good, but I don’t think they were involved in any rivalries.

8756 is actually from a school that is rivals with the 2158 school in most things, but that rivalry really doesn’t carry over, probably because the robotics teams are very separated from the athletics teams.

2 Likes

:thinking: Maybe we should record match runs and see who gets a better score or something. So unfortunate our states was scheduled for the latest possible date, and got cancelled just before it was set to happen :pensive:

1 Like

In most of our defense, we asked wrencher to make it February 29th or earlier, and he didn’t.

1 Like

2105 and 383. mainly 2105a,b,c with 383t

1 Like