Side Panel

my team wants to do a side panel and was wondering if we could use lamination?

we want to maybe laminate a side panel.

There is not enough Lexan that we could use to do this.

Decorating your robot is legal, using laminated paper/plastic as a structural component is not. If the inspectors rule that your lamination has some function other than decoration you will be asked to remove it.

If it was used just on the side panel to display team names and such, would that be legal?

Decorating your robot is legal, using laminated paper/plastic as a structural component is not. If the inspectors rule that your lamination has some function other than decoration you will be asked to remove it.

We are most likely going to use some sort of a side panel this year.

My coach had the idea of printing out a sticker and putting it on Lexan. Which is legal to use…

That is a suggestion for you.

Are there any other ways to do it?

Reminder to everyone:
The only source for official rules clarifications is the VEX Gateway Q&A.

https://vexforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=367

As long as the decoration is “non-functional”, then it is legal to use. Our team basically says that as long as the side panel NEVER touches a game object and is not part of a moving mechanism, then it is non-functional and should be legal.

One way we do it is if we have polycarb as part of an intake system, we put signs underneath the polycarb so that it can be seen through the clear polycarb but does not touch any game objects. is an example of what I mean.