So… programmers, you hating life because of this game?

Well fellow programmers, I must say that auton is going to be a harsh one this time around. Lord help us all. The rings are light, the platform is small, and the ring I bet will catch air. If it catches air, ladies and gents, we’re in for a long ride.

5 Likes

I think those moving up from iq will have the upper hand after precise shooting practice. I was thinking possibly a motor powered adjustable funnel like a rail gun. That way, you can adjust the trajectory

2 Likes

I think this will be fun. A good challenge is always fun.

10 Likes

I’m really hating life. This is my first shooting game and I feel like it’s going to be hard to make an accurate auton.

4 Likes

I don’t know. I feel like it’ll be harder to intake rather than shoot. As long as the disks are aimed correctly they will fall in to the goal easily. It’ll just take time and practice - as usual.

1 Like

On the other hand, turning the spinny color thingy will be a big pain

1 Like

It really depends on how you shoot
Motion of flywheel shot discs can be modelled as parabolas, see here Projectile Motion | Boundless Physics But there is also the challenge of overheating and the motor stalling. It will be really interesting.

3 Likes

use a slow wheel to spin the color thing

Am I the only one feeling that the rotation of the roller should be randomized?

2 Likes

Nah I like shooting games, and my builders are good enough to where I won’t be blamed for an inaccurate flywheel.

id be shocked if that wasnt happening by next week

I haven’t made any code for this yet, but I’m interested to see how it turns out! I’m planning on using PROS this year, because I’ve had countless problems with using standard VEXCode Pro.

I’m really hoping that we can make a flywheel that’s accurate enough to make reliable code for it. Other than that, this should be relatively easy once I catch up on the rules and restrictions of auton.

1 Like

I’m actually really excited for this. I joined robotics specifically for the programming and was quite disappointed with the lack of programming in Tipping Point. This game I feel encourages a lot more work with sensors and (low level) ai to adjust the bot.
I do fully understand your concern though - anyone who codes because just because someone in the group has to is going to have nightmares about this game.

3 Likes

i didn’t join JUST to code, but it was definitely my main pick of a job. I do agree with all of the sensor stuff, but the problem with skills is the frisbee will pick up air and make it inconsistent.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

It would have been fun to have ~6 colours on the wheel that are randomised during setup. In auton you need to get to a colour that is given after setup. Then the programming aspect would be challenging and really interesting.

I also joined VRC for the programming. I’m really excited to calculate the angle to the goal through sensors and also check the rollers.

1 Like

I have to program the drive controls for the first time because this was my first year and I moved to my new school half way through the year so they were already done and now the first time I have to do the drive controls it’s this game

Having played a shooting game back in turning point, the auton should be one of the easiest in year as you only have to stand in one spot and load match loads. It was the same back in nothing but net as well, unfortunately I won’t be playing this years game.