SpeakerBot

I just got a super Stupid idea: a robot that is moves BY A SPEAKER!!! Okay now that I think about it, it’s pretty much impossible because you would need a way powerful speaker to even vibrate the robot but you can use as many speakers as you want on the robot so it might be possible especially if you have no/little friction it might be possible. although you would need wheels that only go forward since the waves would push the robot backwards and forward… Can anyone else with more physics post if it’s possible? Possible gains are the ability of the robot to move autonomously when the background task is going because the speaker can still go when the robot is disabled…

I’m not sure that’s how speakers work…

yeaa directional motion of a robot would just not work so much energy loss with sound wave travel think about it

I’m pretty sure there is only one speaker port in the cortex, so…

We do have y-cables, though, and I’m not sure if there are rules against chained y-cables on speakers…yet.

There isn’t, I checked a couple months ago with karthic

Perhaps the vibration can be used to start perpetual motion machine that blows the robot around?

I think something akin to this would happen.

I believe @puzzler7 is quite correct. You would need an insane amount of energy coming from the speakers to even move the bot a smidgen. It could be easier to achieve if you synchronized the harmonic frequencies, but that is difficult to do. Also, if you did manage to get that much vibration, it would likely damage something on the robot or in the surrounding environment. Nevermind just how LOUD that would be…
Cool idea, but not very practical. :confused: