Spin Up endgame

Had a few questions regarding spin up endgame.

Do the rules for entanglement and trapping just go out the window or something? What’s the legality on a net gun, or dropping the end of a chain off of a robot?

Thanks

1 Like

I think entanglement is still in play in the endgame, but trapping is not.
The manual said nothing about entanglement in the endgame.

2 Likes

you also couldn’t drop a chain, because of
Keep your Robots together. Robots may not intentionally detach parts during the Match or leave
mechanisms on the field.

2 Likes

Well, you could drop a chain, but have it attached to your robot

6 Likes

The chain would still be attached, think ball and chain. Drop the ball off the robot and drive away with the chain pulling out behind me

1 Like

Perhaps à la 224X:

11 Likes

That is… a large wall lol, how is that deployed and extended?

1 Like

@224x

It looks like it was held in place by something on the robot, which was moved, releasing the wall (and letting it fall off the robot), which was then expanded by rubber bands.

Ye basically what person said, it’s just held in place until it’s time to deploy and then rubber bands expand it and a few mechanical stops stop it from expanding too far. Just read the actual posts and ye u can probs have a spool of string like I did and just drop a block off your robot and having a modified spool of string like mine but there’s a piece of metal every so often so it isn’t just pulled by the bot

4 Likes

And that string never actually got entangled even with a lot of bots driving over it so it should be safe to do

2 Likes

My friend @Bradley_Andersen loved that team’s bot. I’m seriously considering doing that for this year.

Edit: Not doing this exact thing, but something similar. This idea wouldn’t be the greatest because you can only do the last ten seconds for this strat.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s bot was god’s gift to the end of my eighth grade year and the beginning of covid.

2 Likes

@224x howd you do this, with 2o char. limit :OOO

2 Likes

We never lost a match where we deployed the wall

O I thought u meant how did I do w/ the wall lmao, the smiley face is just magic

2 Likes