Spin Up matches

I assume you don’t mind if I link to these from http://vrc-data-analysis.com/ ?

No, not at all! I’ll try to make playlists for each event I post matches from so feel free to add them.

I lied, I have won a tourney :flushed: totally forgot. BUT it still doesn’t mean I’m
good yet

1 Like

a spin up one? i didnt know they started yet

Check out robotevents.com and you can see when all of the tournaments are scheduled. We have a scrimmage competition on Saturday at the Monroe County Fair (MI).

1 Like

no. twas change up lol

Do you have any videos of this event even though there wasn’t a live stream?

2 Likes

None that I know of, yet…but I some turn up, they’ll end up on our team facebook page VEX Team 3547: Virus (the local cable studio came out and filmed a bit, but I don’t know when that will be available.)

7 Likes

Benton county tournament round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

5 Likes

I recorded some elim matches and will get those posted asap

2 Likes

Interesting to see how many discs slip straight through the chains and/or the slotted basket. Any thoughts on launch distances or angles that best drop the discs down into the goal?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, the less energy (especially rotational) the disk has when it hits the goal, the less likely it is that it will bounce out. I’ve seen teams accomplish this with double flywheels (no spin) and shooting really close to the goal (less velocity). Also, it appears you can use the top of the goal as a sort of backboard to get more disks in if you can shoot that close.

5 Likes

Don’t forget catapults! Also, launching horizontally helps; vertically slips right through no matter what.

At the request of the event host, I have unlisted the videos for the time being. They can still be found in the playlist listed above though. Playlist link has been deleted as per event hosts’ request. Videos will be put back up at a later time.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like