Sprockets and Chain

The chain is too long for my drive train so what do i do? can i reduce it somehow

you can remove links from the chain

2 Likes

what does that even mean, and btw thats off topic

What @Drew2158U said is fairly self-explanatory and completely on topic. You have a chain which is too long. A chain is made of links. The links are removable. To shorten the chain, remove some of the links.

19 Likes

That’s literally the name of the topic lol

7 Likes
5 Likes

wow !

i didn’t even know those existedthey will be very useful in helping me remove future chaun.

6 Likes

Wait that’s for first robotics not vex so would it even work?

bro it breaks and assemblies chain for u who cares that’s what u asked for

2 Likes

The vex pro tool is made only for vex pro chain and will not work with edr chain.

That’s a bit harsh, and incorrect. This video should be what you need @Banjo2rise

11 Likes

he edited what he said- before he said somethign else about closing the topic

I’m @9935E
Not @Banjo2rise
Also I’m in vrc but it autocorrected so it says vex
I was pointing out they wouldn’t work for vrc or iq

He also has not given any more info on what his problem is
And he has had all of his topics locked except for 2 for making topics that get the community worked up

6 Likes

not true lol- pls dont start another argument and bringing up incorrect recollection of the past

1 Like

oops

6 Likes

well the video answered my question anyway

How about you two (@Banjo2rise and @9935E) change your pfp (profile picture) so we can tell you apart better. Maybe a banjo for @Banjo2rise and maybe just your team number @9935E.

6 Likes

FWIW IMHO you are much better off w/too loose a chain that too tight - it is usually 1-link difference. You can install an idler to take-up slack / keep out of harm’s way…

4 Likes