Starstruck Hanging Question

I get that the rules are unofficial as of this posting, but I still have questions to guide my team’s robot design. I assume based on reading the manual that I can hang anytime during the match, including Autonomous, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Would I still score for Low or High Hanging even if I just hang long enough for the referees to confirm a hang, and get off the hanging bar before either Autonomous or Driver Period? Or do I have to wait until the end of the period?

I don’t think you do, but even if you did, you would need a very quick way of getting down. Otherwise your useless for the rest of the match.

In every vex game so far, any hang/lift has counted towards the final score only when the robot has been hanging/lifted at the end of the game. So if you hang 50 seconds into the game and then lower yourself and continue grabbing and launching stars, you would not get any points for that hang.

in toss up 1727B hanged in auton with a big ball, which didn’t count toward the end score, but contributed towards winning the auton bonus. It is similar in this case. If you use a 2010 frc style lift like 33 or 148 did, it would be easy to get down, but otherwise it isn’t worth the time. Also you need to make sure you win the race to knock down all the stars on the fence onto their side, which is probably more important than the auton bonus anyway