Starstruck Referee Videos

Hi everybody,

I know that I asked this about a month ago, and I believe it was @lacsap who replied, but does anybody know when the referee videos for this year’s game are coming out? @lacsap (I think it was him), I believe, had said mid-September, but it is well past then. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes. I’m going to be a referee at an event in about a month and will be quite interested in seeing these videos

I asked the same question in the event partner channel and still waiting on an answer.

Sack Attack Training videos were released on Aug 17, 2012.

Toss Up Training videos were released on Aug 8, 2013.

Skyrise Training videos were released on Sept 2, 2014.

Nothing But Net Training videos were released on Sept 10, 2015.

Getting later every year, lol.

Even accounting for that trend, the videos should have been released near Sept. 15 (the line of best fit being 9.4x - 18690.9)

All documents relating to volunteering is on roboticseducation.org under the volunteers tab. Training calls have been published. There is no indicator if or when videos might be published. The referee guide is quite clea on major rule interpretation. Give it a read to see if further clarification is needed.

This .PDF refers to training videos.

http://www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2014/11/referee-scorekeeper-guide.pdf

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to say that this is my favorite post of the week.

From the document

So no guarantee if they will be posting videos this year.

The referee Guide is quite informative. It was published 9/17

I have a similar problem in IQ with docs. We were reviewing for a tournament and under the Awards Appendix it states:

Except there is no Judges guide there, or Design Rubric

Contact RECF Regional Manager - they should be able to put you in touch with the right person to get the support documentation you need to run your events.

I could not find it either, but you can get started with the VRC guide. The judging philosophy is very similar to the VIQC, although there are a few differences specific to the program.

Still no referee videos and we are halfway through the season …

It seems VEX doesn’t know what their plan is as this Q&A is still “pending”

I still really would like either an official “Yes, they will be released on x yth, 2016” or “The RECF and Vex robotics has elected not to release Referee Training Videos this year.”

Any word on when the referee videos will be out? It is getting late in the season and there are still problems with consistency in the refereeing from tournament to tournament.

Yesterday, the teams were told they could only take the 30 second Cube if they were 100% inside the load tile. Later they corrected themselves, but it would sure help to get the video out to clear up any issues.

We have an event in 2 weeks and I hope to have something for my referees by then.

still pending . . .

I managed to find the IQ Design Award Rubric here