STEM Research Project

What overall role does the STEM research project play in the scoring of the challenge? Does it count for a certain percentage of the overall score? If a team has the most points from the robotics challenge, but has a weaker project, what is the effect on their placement?

We noticed it was listed as “optional.” Could someone clarify?

1 Like

The STEM Research Project is optional from a competition standpoint. It has no impact on how your team ranks for the Teamwork Challenge or Skills Challenges. Many competitions don’t even judge the STEM Research Project. For those that do, they will normally give out a separate STEM Research Project Award. Also, if STEM Research Projects are judged, they will usually be taken into consideration when determining the Excellence Award winner along with how teams performed in the Teamwork Challenge, Skills Challenge, interviews, and other judged awards.

2 Likes

the registration for this is also seperate or can do with crossover registration.and i also want to know the date for registration of stem

1 Like

The STEM presentations are done at events, so there is no separate registration on RobotEvents.com for them. When you check in at an event that is judging STEM presentations you will usually either sign up for a time for your presentation or the event partner may assign times for presentations. Sometimes these happen throughout the day during qualifying matches and sometimes they happen over an extended lunch break. You will need to check with the event partner for each event you are attending to see how they are handling the STEM presentations.

2 Likes

Where can I find the STEM Research Project requirements and information? I can’t seem to easily find on the VEX IQ website.

1 Like

It’s not out… Yet! Should be out shortly…

1 Like