I’m still unable to regain control of the robot with the joystick after downloading a program to the robot. I switched the communication mode to VEXnet or USB, but I’m having the same issue of not being able to regain control of the robot when I put the key back in the Cortex.
This is what I’m doing:
- I remove the Vex key from the Cortex with the Cortex off.
- I plug the USB into the Cortex, and then into the computer.
- I turn the Cortex on.
- I Compile and Download Program to Robot.
- The small screen comes up, I press Start, and the robot runs the program.
- Leaving the Cortex on, I unplug the USB from the Cortex and plug the Vex key back in.
- I do not regain control of the robot through the joystick. I can only regain control by using the Vex Firmware Utility and loading the Boot code into the Cortex.
Any help you could give me as to why this is happening or what I’m doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.