Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

The thing is, we sucked at our job. Our flipper was god awful and we could rarely stack on the poles. When we did, the opponent would just de-score them. Combine that with referees at worlds who decided to never enforce pinning, and we lost a lot of matches.

That’s obvious isn’t it?

1 Like

Trust our coder to build the drive-train.

2 Likes

I once tried to build a claw for our team. It ended very badly.

2 Likes

Seeing a “Freeze” option on the computer and clicking it, freezing the mouse and then plugging in an around 13-year old mouse for children without a scroller. Couldn’t be why it took so long to find this thread

1 Like

Same here.

2 Likes

Copy a VR vex program over to a speedbuild, and not putting wait commands. Lets just say the wheels were at 100% velocity and changing directions very fast, making that “oh that’s not good for the motors” sound.

4 Likes

nice. I love that sound!

Getting into pushing matches with 6 motor v5 bots with a Drivebase powered by 3 legacy motors geared 84:36

2 Likes

wait that would be like almost over 1000rpm on your drive lol. With three motors. Even with v5 that would end badly.

The way he listed his gear ratio implies that that the 12 tooth gear is the driving gear, making it relatively slow, but the context of the scenario suggests that the 84t gear was the driving gear making it very fast, as you said.

If you indeed meant the 84T was driving, did it even move?

Oh yea that makes a lot more sense. Dang that’s slow

joined vex
I actually love vex, this is a joke

8 Likes

Oh no, that’s where you’re dearly mistaken. The 84 tooth was the driving gear

Edit: in case you’re wondering, yes it moved, no it didnt go very fast since the motors could barely move it and burned out after a minute

Edit 2: it was 84 to 36 not 84 to 12

3 Likes

Oh lol petty crazy. 20char

1 Like

I managed to build a custom claw and pot it on our DR4B during tower takeover
it worked for the first 2-3 rounds and then the motors overheated

1 Like

Motors? More than one?

3 Likes

I’m assuming you had 2 on drive, 2 on the dr4b, and 2 on the claw?

1 Like

There were 2 motors for the DR4B that had the red cartridge and then the 1 motor that controlled the claw itself with a green cartridge and all of them overheated.
We cooled the 2 reds with a can of compressed air and I swapped the custom claw out with the one that vex created.

1 Like

Oh god. That’s even worse did you have elastics on your lift?

1 Like