Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

I can in fact confirm this.

Me: Dear Instructor, I would like another cortex.
Instructor: Why?
Me: To add a second battery.

1 Like

My team didn’t use bearing blocks our first year

1 Like

Please don’t revive old threads. There is a similar thread that got started this season here Stupidest thing you've done in VEX
Feel free to post more there. We would all love to hear!
Edit: actually it was started some time ago but is still active. Most users prefer to keep active threads active instead of reviving old ones.

Didn’t happen to me but last season at state I was watching one of my teams during a match and a hear a loud crash and one of the cueing tables had collapsed with 4 robots on it. So a oof on someone’s part.

Being that the two threads literally had the same name, I’ve merged the two into one super thread.

11 Likes

@DRow might be impossible, but is there anyway you could splice these ITZ posts back into an older section of this thread, since posts from literally earlier this morning are now 100 posts above us separated by stuff that happened 2 years ago.

3 Likes

That moment when DRow decides what the most replied thread is :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, personally, it was pretty stupid to think building a flywheel from scratch in two weeks was a good idea. It was also a dumb idea to have the flywheel be a 5" traction wheel.

2 Likes

My team tried a fly wheel in three days with no prior flywheel building knowledge. it was terrible and could only hit the low flags, but was too weak to actually toggle them.

1 Like

LOL!

DRow admitted that merging two “stupidest” threads into one super (stupid) thread is the stupidest thing he had done in VEX :clap:

10 Likes

Took me a while to realize the joke and that you weren’t actually criticizing Drow. :joy: gosh I’m so stupid.

5 Likes

This year our bot was moving slow durring drive and i insisted it was the weight of the bot, but our programer decided to add motor speeds to the drive program and couldn’t figure out why the bot wouldn’t stop driving foreward

3 Likes

When you planned out your robot for a week, but when you build it you have 3 unused motors

5 Likes

When you go to state with a robot this is both out of dimensions as well as out of expansion limits.

ITZ

3 Likes

Believing a sister team when they said their DR4B (which I was conceptually involved in) was working great. Needless to say, we were throwing zip ties everywhere before inspection the next day trying to stop skipping due to poor(ish) build quality.
(How do you fix a dumb problem? With an even dumber solution!)

8 Likes

Had battery problems and would only plug in batteries just before matches. Needless to say, we entered several matches confused as to why our robot wasn’t working (we didn’t plug the batteries in).
We had a good laugh at it though XD

1 Like

Last year I tried to put axles on without an bearing blocks.

5 Likes

when i started vrc i didnt know how 2 tighten nylock and thought it was useless so my partner tried to drill through it to make spacers out of them and almost started a fire in my bacement

6 Likes

Driving a steel bot on a low friction surface, and using that to gauge the robot’s abilities.

2 Likes

This was at state. It was my first robotics competition because I was too busy during past robotics competitions to go. anyway the guy who greets everyone before competition starts asked in joking manner that I did not pick up if this was anyone’s first competition this year. well being the idiot I am I raised my hand and the whole crowd all turned to me like he has to be joking

1 Like