Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

joined vex
I actually love vex, this is a joke

8 Likes

Oh no, that’s where you’re dearly mistaken. The 84 tooth was the driving gear

Edit: in case you’re wondering, yes it moved, no it didnt go very fast since the motors could barely move it and burned out after a minute

Edit 2: it was 84 to 36 not 84 to 12

3 Likes

Oh lol petty crazy. 20char

1 Like

I managed to build a custom claw and pot it on our DR4B during tower takeover
it worked for the first 2-3 rounds and then the motors overheated

1 Like

Motors? More than one?

3 Likes

I’m assuming you had 2 on drive, 2 on the dr4b, and 2 on the claw?

1 Like

There were 2 motors for the DR4B that had the red cartridge and then the 1 motor that controlled the claw itself with a green cartridge and all of them overheated.
We cooled the 2 reds with a can of compressed air and I swapped the custom claw out with the one that vex created.

1 Like

Oh god. That’s even worse did you have elastics on your lift?

1 Like

yeah, but I hadn’t done extensive testing with it so the bands weren’t enough to completely help

1 Like

who needs elastics when you have overheated motors

2 Likes

I know right
also that day happened to one of the coldest days that year

1 Like

I lost the auton jig for competitions. The programmer of the auton is mad at me because without a jig the auton will vary. I am the programmer

And update: I found the jig under a transparent bag, that I had looked at multiple times searching

7 Likes

It’s like looking for the Allen key you are already holding.

5 Likes

or looking for(allen wrench/pliers/cutters/programming cable/batteries/controller/grippy bois) anything you were (holding/in your pocket/on your head/taped onto you/on the computer)
and once we had to tape down the programming cable so it wouldnt get lost

3 Likes

Happy cake day @SaltyCB! Go eat some cake!

5 Likes

I mostly break the standoffs trying to fit the screws haha

3 Likes

When I put the wheels like one centimeter apart from each other on a heavy robot. It fell over. It broke. :frowning:

4 Likes

Last year, my first team (the situation was weird, and it’s a very long story) starting building a DR4B with literally just 1:1 gear ratio. I’m very glad we didn’t finish it. The results would have been disastrous.

3 Likes

My builder didn’t know standoffs have dividers in the middle, so he cut some in half, because we didn’t have the length he needed on hand, and then he realized it after he cut like 7 3" standoffs in half.

5 Likes

Oh, no…
20 characters

2 Likes