SUPER Claw-bot Special Arm Movement?

Hello,
I was doing research on some Vex Clawbots and came across the Vex SUPER Clawbot. This intriu=gued me so I downloaded the build instructions and watched some videos about it. One video, in particular, showed that when the controller moved, the Arm itself would follow the same movement. here is the video I question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbxEerw6vk4 If anyone could help explain how to accomplish this feature, that would be great!

Thanks in advance for all the help!

There’s actually already been a thread talking about this. You can find it here.

OH! Thank you, I did not know of this.

If you’re thinking of using this for competition, all I will say is don’t.

We had a team in the UK try to use it. They had to modify it to make it pass inspection, and then they came dead last in qualifying

There could be some good uses. If the joystick senses itself be dropped on the ground maybe your code should stop accepting joystick values (in case it fell on joystick) and go to some default state.

Okay I will admit that is all I can come up with.

Yeah, there aren’t many good uses for it :frowning:
It may sort of work for driving but it would be awful.
I guess you could use it for something like if you were using all the individual joysticks on the controller and you had something like an intake that you don’t want to use buttons for you could assign the intake to the joystick’s accelerometer but that’s about it…

Is this against the rules in some way? Because I can’t see how it would be, and why you would have to modify it in order to get through inspections…

I think that Riley was talking about the claw robot itself, not the controller’s sensor.

Ooooooohhhh. That would make sense. I was wondering the same thing! I was wondering why that would be illegal :stuck_out_tongue:

With us this year, we are currently using the controllers accelerometer for a controlled auto-straightening program to allow an easy manual-alignment for lifting :stuck_out_tongue: (AKA: Depending on the amount of tilt of the joystick is the angle the robot turns adjacent to the fence)

Hey!!! There ## is a good use for it! :slight_smile: