We start out regular team meeting on August 22nd! We meet every Wednesday from 1-4 (we take a break through the Holiday’s).
We are a new team birthed from Cornerstone Robotics. My name is Jesse (hence the username). I am the team mentor/student. I am 15. I am originally from Team 323B Bot-E Builders, but retired from that team and started my own team this year! I am still learning and am very exited for this year!
The links on your website are kind of hard to see because they’re all black and the background is dark grey. You might want to consider making them white or the lime green that is used elsewhere on your website. Otherwise, it’s very organized. Good job and good luck to you this season.
Team 323Z Aftershock just had our first meeting. We have a total of 6 team members, Jesse (Me), Ethan, Christopher, Corey, John, and Jeffery. Each of these members is new to the VRC competition (besides me :)).
We had a very productive meeting. We went over the game, devised our robot strategy’s, finalized our team name and colors, and started working on our design.
Do you mean gradually change angle as you raise because to do that you use different sized sprockets on the ends of the arm.
5:4 with shift 1/4 of the angle the arm so an arm that starts straight down and goes to straight up will shift 45 degrees 180/4
Nice! You’re registered pretty early, it seems! Last year our team didn’t get our ID plates until well after our first tournament, so we had to turn our old 1581H plates into 7581H plates by covering over the 1 in black sharpie and putting a 7 on with whiteout.
I would like to just air a concern on the video you have posted “Intake Testing (Standoffs)”
I would add some sort of safety mechanism(s) onto that intake because the standoffs in our tests have shown the capability of really tearing up a field which might impair your chance of passing inspection; though it is descoring quite well, nice job otherwise.
Nice. I would recommend also testing it on the foam tiles, or if you don’t have them, soft-ish carpet. It allows the wheels a little more tolerance in relation to their height, as it allows some to sink into the ground more than the others. This will give you a better idea of it’s actual performance :).
The lift team worked on multiple different lifts trying to find which ones reached the 30" goal height. They found that the 6-Bar and Chain Bar worked. We ran out of time that meeting to do anything else with the lifts.
The drive team (Christopher and I) built an H-Holonomic drive. We first built the Tank Drive section and tested it. Here are some videos of those testings.
-I think its an interesting decision that you’ve made it so the chassis can’t drive over sacks. It means you can score on the tile effectively, but do you think that’s worth it?
-The motors on one of the wheels (I can’t tell if its back or front, I think its front :P) are probably going to get in the way of your intake when the arm is down. I would consider moving them back, and chaining them forwards, unless you have an intake style where this doesn’t matter.
-The intake is probably going to be very difficult, I definitely think its the hardest part of the robot this year. It will very likely come to a stage where everyone on your team is going to be working on the intake. Don’t be discouraged by this, and don’t settle for an intake that’s only “okay”. Keep prototyping until you find something everyone thinks is excellent, and then run with it. Think outside the box as well ;).