Teamwork in notebook

I mainly do all of the documentation in my team. Not that I do most of the work, it’s just because my handwriting is more legible. We’re a seven person team and most of us has contributed to our robot design and strategies. To include them I mention what they did in the notebook and have them sign their work, which includes typed responses, code, and sketches. I also put pictures of them actively working on the robot.

Is it fine that I included my teammates this way? Or would it harm us in qualifying in awards such as the Design and Excellence award? I did this last year and I have been told by judges that our team had a very nice notebook. But we’ve never won a design award so far (we did win an Excellence award last year though :smiley: ). But I’m not sure if that the fact that I wrote in most of the notebook affected our score.

4 Likes

It is fine that you work primarily on the notebook, but your teammates should still do part of it. For example, your programmer should write about all the code pages. Hope this helps!

8 Likes

I am also the main person who does the documentation for our team. I include our members by having them do mini journals explaining a certain design, code or even a decisions. Judges want to see a notebook where everyone has contributed and knows what’s being put down in the robot. Including pictures of what they are doing and stating what everyone’s role for the day is a good idea especially for a big team like yours. You can have them even add in some side comments in your work, while still being professional. Overall, i think the way your doing your notebook is not going to harm you from winning excellence or even design.

Last year, almost at every competition that we competed in, we won design award or excellence (mostly design). I did the notebook last year, so i know a little bit of what they are looking for. Hopefully you win design award and if have any questions, let me know!

6 Likes

I too am the main note booker. Unfortunately, I look at it as more of a burden than anything else. No one else really wants to do it, so I kind of just took it upon myself to do it as I know that the quality of the notebook is worth everything. I kind of feel like my teammates would just slop something down and be done with it.

2 Likes

i agree, taking on the responsibility of doing the notebook is a lot of work, but totally worth it in the end. It is tedious process, but it helps you find your mistakes and understand them, so you don’t have to make that mistake again.

4 Likes

So true. That is the best part about being the note booker.

4 Likes

@Dimension_360 I agree, if you need any help with your notebook, i am happy to help you out! :grin:

4 Likes

We a have a online journal where we all contribute our ideas and thoughts on google docs, and one person writes it down.

6 Likes

Whoa… :open_mouth: I’ve never even thought of that!
Dang…
Rock on @112659 !

Yeah. Sometimes it feels that way as well. Sometimes I create response templates for my teammates so that will be easier for them to know exactly what I want in the notebook. I’d recommend trying that out!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

1 Like

No problem! Im happy to help :blush:

1 Like