Thoughts about the new forum?

I’m gonna flag it. It’s unhelpful and negative. Seems to be against forum Ethos.

0 Likes

149 posts in 24 ish hours, wow! :open_mouth:

0 Likes

there’s a little heart at the bottom of a message that you can use as a +1.

3 Likes

Think about the things VEX would actually delete (based on previous experiences on the VEX Forum)…

This post, assuming that’s what you’re talking about, would not fall into the aforementioned deletion classification, even though it definitely is unhelpful and negative.

By flagging this post and similar posts, all you’re doing is wasting your own time and the forum staff’s time.

0 Likes

I am so sorry that some great posts disappear: " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."
I am really really sorry for that.

0 Likes

I am getting a 429 error on my recent post.

0 Likes

Me too. I see it for half a second before it goes away.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Same. I can see it for like 3 seconds before the error.

0 Likes

I like the new theme, but I prefer the old forums much better and clearer organization. The home page should have links to sub forums, not recently posted.

0 Likes

Its just like ChiefDelphi :slight_smile:

0 Likes

In your user preferences you can choose what the home page shows by default, including the category list.

3 Likes

Go to Preferences > Interface and set Default Home Page to Categories:

Screenshot_Chrome_Dev_20190214-101116

Edit: I just got ninja’d.

4 Likes

Thanks much and @Brandon_Martus as well

1 Like

I’ve also noticed that some of my stats have been changed. I know I’ve gotten the “solution” on more than one post, and I’ve definitely posted more than 900 times. My other count was at like 1400 or something.

Oh well. Not everything can be migrated perfectly.

0 Likes

The “This answers my question” data from esoTalk did not survive the migration. The “Solution” count only includes posts marked as “Solution” here on Discourse, since the migration.

Your post count on esoTalk probably included private messages, while Discourse probably only counts public posts. (Just a theory)

1 Like

That’s probably right. I do a lot of PM-ing. Possibly 500 posts worth.

0 Likes

@Got_a_Screw_Loose
Tagged

0 Likes

multiple off topic posts were removed.

2 Likes