Thoughts on a Future Water Game?

Yes, people think that this “water game” thing is getting old. But if the Game Design Committee does do a water game, what game elements do you want to see in it?

Scoring Elements:

• Cubes (Elevation/Skyrise/TT)
  • Caps (TP)
  • Small Balls (Clean Sweep/Gateway/Toss Up/NBN/TP)
  • Large Balls/Cubes (Toss Up/SS)
  • Stars (SS)
  • Cones (ITZ)
  • Barrels (Gateway)
  • Stackable Posts (Skyrise)
  • Other (none of the above)

0 voters

Final Scoring Objects (the endgame)

• Platforms
  • Ladders
  • Posts for Hanging
  • The “Square”
  • Others (None of the above)

0 voters

4 Likes

Also, if we can get to over 300 voters on each poll on this thread, I will make an 2020 April Fool’s Water Game Animation! Start voting!

8 Likes

You’re taking the water game joke way too seriously.

9 Likes

as much as I am for the memes, I think your going a little to far…

6 Likes

if it is a water game, i’d expect it to be played on the surface of the water like with flamboyant boats.

a cool end game thing to me if that was the case would be a diving like a submarine or something to score points in some manner.

but it’ll never happen :wink:

6 Likes

I would love to see a balancing end game platform. Perhaps something like in crossover (IQ-same year as SS)

Game objects: beach balls, rubber ducks, frogs, fish, and boats.

:beach_umbrella: :baby_chick: :frog:
:sailboat: :fish: :fishing_pole_and_fish:
:ocean: :ocean: :ocean:

7 Likes

Herd beach balls into a zone on the surface, score weighted small balls in underwater goals, bring a beach ball down under water touching the floor for huge end points.

6 Likes

On the off chance we get the votes, the worst thing that comes out of it is @Doer gets some time working in Cad/Blender (Or animation studio of choice) and that maybe someone else will get inspired to learn and do the same.

2 Likes

If by the calculated 0.000000000000000000000001% chance this has at happening, I think that it would be cool if the game aimed at having robots that submerged, with scoring platforms floating on the water that could be tipped, bonus points for having a robot that can go onto the platform at the end. But the waves caused by robots would make auton interesting.

6 Likes

I edited the second post because there was confusion on the number of voters needed.

Sorry for the confusion the original post caused.

1 Like

If we have this (which should be one of the first things @DRow does when he gets to GDC), there should be a diving contest at the end, where the robot climbs out of the water and then dives off a board.

7 Likes

50pts for largest splash and an extra 10 if you hit the water upside-down.

(Before anyone says it, I know this would be impossible to score)

3 Likes

Maybe it would be a good idea to make an impossible task worth a lot of points so everyone tries to build it but fail
On the off chance that someone does it, they have done the impossible.

4 Likes

20 Points for a dive. 30 Points for a cannonball. 40 Points for making the smallest splash. VEX Making a Splash

3 Likes

Make water balloons. Teams get 5 points for each water balloon they have that isn’t popped. Double points for if they keep the balloon on the opposing side of the field the entire match. (Still implausible I know but I think kind of cool)

3 Likes

What is “The square”? I glanced through the Competition History page but could not figure out what that could be.

In In the zone, parking in the square at the end of the Driver Control Period scores your alliance 2 points.

2 Likes

I’m not saying there are 69 voters…

But there are 69 voters

5 Likes

Water game in development…

12 Likes