Tipping Point Negativity Thread

As is Tradition :tm: for the Vex community, its time to complain about the new game! Also it would be nice if the negativity was contained to 1 centralized location so we can all look here for excuses when we don’t qualify for worlds.

4 Likes

I hate the ring shapes

15 Likes

The rings should have been bowls filled with soup that we have to pour into the mogos

24 Likes

yeah ima hate on that dumb shape for the rigns, gonna mess up my passive intakes

8 Likes

Darn ring shapes can go and ̵̢̯̠͓̈̒̿͋ ̷̂̀͝ͅ ̵̞͌̿ ̶̦͚̙̲͒̽̔ ̷̨̭̔͊̒ ̸̙͈͘ ̴̧̭̗̄ ̶̢̘̯̏̌͜ ̵̟̜̓̈͛͘ ̸̪̝̈́͆̽ ̷̮̫̥͊̉̂̉͜ ̵̩͇̰̔̿ ̸̲͈̭̏̏ ̶̗̙̐́̚͝ͅ ̷̢͍̞̆ ̵͎̕ ̶̹̹͙̾̾ ̵͍͇̟̈́̋̽ ̴̰̤̒̈͆͂ ̵̛̝̫̟̯ ̷̡͍͓́̇

6 Likes

pringles looking rings

8 Likes

the game looks so conglomerated

1 Like

There is no negativity to be had (yet)

7 Likes

Ringles :tm:

22 Likes

I’m gonna be honest my first impression is that this is the best game that the gdc has ever designed. I have not found a single aspect of the game I dislike yet. The rings are interesting, the scoring seems balanced to incentivize doing everything, the rules around auton interactions are fantastic, the platform looks mechanically consistent, it’s a swing game yet skills is going to work just fine, they even added replays for whitescreening into the manual.

I just gotta say, thank you gdc. we all needed a game like this after change up.

55 Likes

nah this game is broken beyond belief. def better than cu, but sitting on a cactus mitht be less painful than sitting in fire ants.

also wrong thread clowm

2 Likes

That teeter-totter was looking bendy with two clawbots… is that intentional?

3 Likes

I really want to retire but tipping point is too cool for me to do so

11 Likes

Does this mean you are staying another year? Woooo!

1 Like

It’s an interesting game and will be fun to design a robot for but I feel like it’s just a bunch of elements from past games put into this one. I’m sure it took a lot of time and effort to figure it out, but it just felt like a project that they did super last minute like something you would come up with if you spent around 4 hours designing and finalizing the whole game. Overall, not a big fan

2 Likes

the scoring is done using freakin’ onion rings

5 Likes

Honestly so far I have discovered nothing negative about the game. It’s unique (I kinda sorta like the design of the rings, not gonna lie) and is going to result in loads of different robot designs, which has to be my favourite thing about it.

So much better than Change Up. Thank you GDC!

9 Likes

I was kinda bummed out when they I found out I could only have 1 mogo at a time. Buddy was gonna have a quad mogo lift

Also ringles should be the unofficial name of the game pieces

2 Likes

This. It is the most expensive game as my org will need $1000 or just have some teams be at a permanent disadvantage.

3 Likes

I’m probably just not thinking too much into it, but do pneumatics really play big of a part? I can’t really think of much off the top of my head to use them for…