I though it would be smart to start a thread with tips for new VEX teams.
Here are some that our team has found over the 4 years we have been in robotics:
- If the robot burns out while in a match, let it sit for a few seconds to recover.
- Keep your engineering notebook up to date, by filling it out at every meeting.
- Go your own direction, don’t always make the same robot everyone else is.
- Do skills at regional and state competitions as a fall-back to qualify for the next tournament.
- Scout early during tournaments.
- Read the entire rule book at the start of the season.
- Don’t use mecanum wheels.