Tips on how to overcome an inconistent drivetrain

Does anyone have tips on how to overcome a drivetrain that is inconsistent when it comes to turning a certain amount of degrees in auton whether it be tips with coding or the actually build of the robot

Edit: this is vex iq :man_facepalming:

Mechanical

• Minimize frictional losses by making sure there isn’t any rubbing anywhere, and everything lines up.

• Resolve any play in wheels by connecting the gear onto the wheel, and picking better shafts and shaft holes.

Software

• Experiment with different sensors for programming, like gyro (make sure you pick a good gyro sensor with little drift).

• try out different accuracy algorithms like P-Loops or full PID loops

4 Likes

what are p and pid loops

I would suggest looking them up on your free time to get a better understanding of them. Note that no one here will code them for you, but they will be happy to help you with any related problems (provide you post a snippet of your code that is not working).

1 Like

oh i didnt want anyone to code them for me. Its just that im in iq and ive really only seen ppl use it in edr but i guess ill try

Ok, that’s good to hear. I know CautionTape posted a video on it last season. I would check their YouTube page for it

1 Like

yeah thats the type of code im using but ill edit it for my robot.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.