Tower placer idea

So i have a few ideas for ways to place cubes in the towers and i wanted to see if anyone else wanted to hare there ideas here and stuff but i would love to see multiple peoples ideas on how they will place cubes in towers

• extending arm lift
  • swinging arm lift
  • elevator lift
1 Like

I dont see much value in having separate cube stacking and tower scoring mechanisms. You can easily accomplish this by a DR4B for example, being able to reach the highest posts and also having the ability of a more complicated intake design that can stack all in one.

3 Likes

I understand your point @Gameoa but this isn’t any final ideas i’m just brainstorming some designs, having a stacking method with the ability to place in towers would be very efficient but i’m just writing ideas down as i think of them at the moment and these are some very basic ideas i’m working on my more complex ideas later on but these are just some starters. But yes a stacker/intake/tower_placer would be very valuable and a good idea.

I’d really try to stay away from arms because it isn’t linear motion. This is important specifically with stacking the cubes.

1 Like

I am simply saying that I, personally, would stray away from lift arms, or lifts for that matter, that would not be able to both stack and place cubes in towers.

and what @Deicer said as well

2 Likes

yea i see what yall mean @Deicer @Gameoa i also have multiple intake ideas that arnt arms and ill try to find a way to incorporate the tower placer into it also.

I can see your swinging arm lift working pretty well in the early-season or with newer teams - at that point it would be a nice way to play the game to a certain degree and get a feel how the game should be played.

1 Like

You can see some possible issues with the swinging arm in this 24 hour prototype build where they tried it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you’re referencing them breaking their makeshift tower, I’m not sure that’ll be an issue with the actual towers.

This is another disadvantage of the reverse stackers everyone seems to love, though. You could stick one on a DR4B, but that would be a lot of weight.

1 Like

Thats pretty impressive, considering that the game was released less than a week ago.

1 Like

Oh yeah, not much of a concern there though I did chuckle. You’d have to be careful with the speed when gravity is suddenly abating your movement, but that’s just a coding puzzle. Also, reverse stackers are going to struggle with towers for sure.

1 Like

Even better, that video is from four days ago. They did this last year too.

2 Likes

I know. I remember. Awesome speed builds. I’d like to do one someday, but I don’t have the time or energy they do. Props to them.

1 Like

Closest I’ve gotten is a 2 day skyrise bot a few years ago with @WiggleVilla and some other people who’se identities I’ve long forgotten. This was a month ish before I started competing for real in NBN.

1 Like

One thing to point out is that the robot with the swinging arm was built in 4 hours. The two other robots one a four bar one a chain bar were built in 24 hours.