Tower robot-alliance selection

What would a lift/tower robot need to be able to do for them to be a better pick than a tray? I have thoughts of my own, but I’m very curious what others think.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
I would think to be able to swap towers quickly and to be able to play defense/be mobile since the tray would focus on stacking

1 Like

Also it should be able to play defense on tray-bots. And not tipping over in a match is nice, too.

1 Like

Maby be able to put 3 or 4 cubes on a seven stack to make a mediocre tray bot into a high stacking team

1 Like

I have a 6 bar and my opinion… Is to let the traybots stack in goal zones while you are putting in towers and play hard defense. When they are trying to get rid of your towers, just pick up another cube and wait or bump them

You definitely need to be able to play really good defense. One of the winners of Indy Sig Event were RD4B, and they played really good defense on PigPen and Tesseract, which allowed them to win. So imo, you’re gonna need to play really good defense, swap towers pretty easily, and be able to build 6-7 stacks if you are paired with a bad bot in qual matches to get picked as a good seed in elims.

2 Likes

I feel like the big thing that works for traybot-lift alliances is how the autons line up. If you have an auton that grabs the stack of 4 plus preload, that can make a big difference. Unlike a traybot-traybot alliance where both teams have better autons on the side with the row, traybots and liftbots have different auton sides.

1. Good Tempo
  2. High Tower
  3. Decently High Stacking

Only 3 things that matter imo