Tower Takeover Strategies for Both Defensive & Offensive Bots

I’m thinking about strategies for the game. A strategy that my team’s robot uses is to knock over all of the cube towers before the reverse four-bar and intake robots use the towers to score a load of points. It’d be nice to hear from other roboticists, though.
Anybody got any ideas?

1 Like

Strategies-wise we had alot of the basic Double Reverse Four Bar ideas… like going for the 4 stack after auton and using the three stack.

We did have this sort of passive defense going, because our bot was 27 pounds and very hard to push around.

However, most strategies of ours were made up on the fly ( we were heavy enough that if a gear skipped on our lift we were still an annoying push bot) if our go-to focus wasn’t going to work. (Auton -> 4 Stack -> Stack on top of tray bot’s stack -> Towers)

One thing we did think of was whether we should focus on one color or get a nice mix of colors and then multiply on them. (Ended up going with the variety idea)

1 Like

We also knock over the towers to prevent lift bots from getting a 4 cube stack. Otherwise, we just stack unless we are outmatched, than we just have the weaker bot play defense against the strongest team.

1 Like

If I am paired with a defensive bot or a lift I almost always ask that they run through the cube towers and generally cause chaos on the field at the beginning of driver. It spreads the cubes out and can make it harder for out opponents if a bot is driving around and pushing everyone.

1 Like