Traybot Decoration

I’m thinking about decorating our robot, but I’m running out of ideas how to. Does anyone got any ideas? We don’t have a laser engraver so that would not be an option

1 Like

This video shows a cheap option for making a cool design on your lexan backing.

13 Likes

One of my sister teams hydro-dipped their tray, and it looks fantastic.

Another neat low effort thing to add would be a flag pole. There are a few ways of making these, my favorite is a few standoffs and a rubber joint/link. Just make sure other teams don’t need those parts. :slight_smile:

You could also add on those miniature battery operated finger flashlights.

4 Likes

If your school has a 3D printer, you could 3D-Primt a mini figurine or something to go on your bot. But hydro-dripping looks very cool as well

2 Likes

Yeah, like a hood ornament?! Dude, that would be really sweet!
Maybe spray paint it gold or silver?

3 Likes

You could put your team’s or school’s mascot on there

2 Likes

We usually just tape on laminated papers with cool looking logos and photos on them.

2 Likes

We personally vinyled our team number on our tray:
20191024_094250

11 Likes

IMG_20191113_161643_282
Our robot’s name is Mushu ( he is all of my teams favorite Disney character) so this is what we did.

13 Likes

Very cool

1 Like

That makes me wish my team would agree to put Shrek on our robot (from the musical not the movie)

2 Likes

This makes me wish I never hear about your stupid “Shreck The Musical” ever again!

If you think it is a great pick up line, buckle up for a long lonely ride buddy.

@DRow, could you, please, program something into the forum to stop him from pooping with his Shreck references all over the place?

You can delete my post as off-topic and call me a :snowflake: but I’ve had enough!

17 Likes

Gosh darn my greatest reference is disliked! I guess I still have killer bean :slight_smile:

3 Likes

traybotWithDeco

10 Likes

This is amazing ngl.

2 Likes