Print took 13 hours on my voxelab aquila x2, Haven’t had chance to weigh it yet, any ideas what to fill it with to get up to the 138gm?
If you use the cura slicer or something similar, they have built in weight estimation you can use. Be careful with this though, because the varying compressibility and need to squish it slightly (perhaps for scoring in the goal) will also affect your model. Not really sure how accurate you’re going for here, but this could become a serious materials and structure engineering problem pretty quick.
Try to use cotton, because, those material is very ligth and dont will be move the triball
when you say, “what should i fill it with?”
i hontestly dont know… maybe fill it with a little bit of sand so it is heavy then test it on your robot if possible. Its good to know if your robot can pic up heavier things than the tri-ball, the it can definitely pick up the original tri-ball.
I printed one in PLA and it was within the mass tolerance with 3 walls. You could try filling it with spray foam, but use the window and door kind, which has a gentler expansion.
The weight should match up fairly well, and if it doesnt way the exact same as a regular triball, it will still aid in testing intake designs while your game elements ship.
honestly, I would fill it with a blend of sand and sawdust. sand would give it most of the weight, and the sawdust would fill up the extra space. if you can’t find that much sawdust, something like woodchips or mulch could work, you won’t need much
I had figured it wouldn’t be too far off and it fits within the weight requirement. I guess my question was more hypothetical and out of interest to see peoples ideas. @bnhrkn my first thought was to fill it with expanding foam, I can’t remember how many walls I printed with, I’ll have to go back and check. Theres zero flex in this thing, I’ve heard that the official elements have a little flex to them
how sturdy is the triball you printed
lol thanks, i was being a bit silly I guess
I did give it another test last night and it seemed to be weaker on the sides with the logo as I expected. I was applying considerable force though. There’s an unofficial version on thingiverse with no logo which would probably fix this issue and take less time to print. I haven’t checked whether that files dimensions are correct though.
Fill it 100% with tungsten