Turbo Motor Coding

I have a question about RobotC coding. I was looking in the “Motor and Sensor Setup” and noticed that on the lines for motors, there’s a dropdown for “Drive Motor Side”.
I was wondering, if I accurately mark different drive motors with their drive side in the Setup page, will RobotC automatically reverse the right motors, or do I still have to mark the check boxes for reversing them?
If I do, then what’s the whole point of the “Drive Motor Side” thing anyway?

In addition, we have a 6 wheel turbo motor drive base. When programming for them, can the values go higher than 127 because they’re turbo?

No. Imagine turbo gears like a normal motor, but with a gear ratio on the outside, gearing it up. Now move that ratio inside. There’s no difference in the amount of power; everything’s faster.

Thanks! Any advice on the first part?

Sadly, nope. I have no idea. If I were you, I’d just try setting the value to left and then to right, recording the direction each time.

We use the assigned drive motors with some of the natural language functions, here’s an example.

#pragma config(Motor,  port1,            ,             tmotorVex393_HBridge, openLoop, driveLeft)
#pragma config(Motor,  port10,           ,             tmotorVex393_HBridge, openLoop, driveRight)
//*!!Code automatically generated by 'ROBOTC' configuration wizard               !!*//

task main()
{
    forward(1, seconds, 100);
    turnRight(1, seconds, 50);
    stopAllMotors();
}

The forward and turnRight functions needs to know which are the drive motors and which side they are on.

The turbo motors have less torque or is that a misconception?

The Turbo motors have less torque. That is NOT a misconception. You can’t get something for nothing. Any change in gear ratio, internally or externally trades torque and speed.

@536Mentor I was somewhat confused by the code so thanks for clearing that up for me.