Two questions about brain, wondering so I can make a simple display on a laptop

just asking since I’m at home right now and dont have the Brain on me, can you do the two following:
A) access the brains files from a computer
and B) connect bluetooth to a computer (I’ve never used bluetooth for VEX in my life)
I kinda want to be able to put the display of the thing on my computer, so I dont have to look at it through my robot when I build it

If what you’re asking is “can I get a program off the IQ brain after I’ve downloaded it”, the answer is no.

VEXcode IQ only supports downloading code via bluetooth on tablets (iPad or Android/Amazon fire). If you’re running VEXcode IQ on a PC, Mac, or Chromebook, you’ll need to download via a USB cable.

As far as I’m aware, this is not a supported feature of any programming environment for IQ.

(but it sure would be cool! ROBOTC for Cortex does/did this with the LCD and I remember finding it really convenient.)

6 Likes

The thing is there has to be some code for the brains display, so there should be a way to intercept it. I have no idea how to do it, but I know someone who might know a lot about it. I’ll ask him, see if he thinks this is possible