Unofficial Answer: What's SR [SP?]

OP: https://vexforum.com/t/answered-whats-sr/47237/1
@hatarange

By SR, I assume you mean Strength of Schedule Points (SP).

SP is supposed to be a measure of how hard your match schedule was. They way it works is that for every match, you are awarded a number of SPs equivalent to the losing alliance’s score for that match, and at the end of qualification matches, your SP is equal to the sum of those losing alliances’ scores from the matches you participated in. Because it’s the losing alliance’s score, every team in a match, regardless of if they were on the winning alliance or not, gets the same number of SPs for that match. Only the matches you participate in get considered for your overall SP score.

As an example, say you have a 5-match tournament schedule (a subset of say, 35 total matches for the tournament), and let’s say you’re on the red alliance for all those matches (in a real tournament, you would be on different alliance colors, but that has no bearing on the SPs earned), and those matches you’re in receive the following scores:

(Match #; Red score-Blue score)
1: 89-78
2: 4-60
3: 20-35 (One team on the Blue alliance was disqualified afterwards for that match)
4: 64-63
5: 53-53

The SPs you earned in those matches, in that order, would be 78, 4, 20, 63, and 53, for a total SP score of 218. All the other teams that participated in those matches also receive that same number of SPs, i.e. if one team was in all those matches and on that Blue alliance for all those matches, they also would get an SP score of 218. It does not matter if you’re on the winning alliance or not; you receive the losing alliance’s score in SPs for every match. For ties, SP would be just the score the match was tied at.

There’s an interesting observation about match #2; even though the Blue alliance totally manhandled the Red alliance, scoring 60 points for the overall match score, they only receive 4 SPs because that was the losing alliance’s score. SPs are designed to reflect the difficulty of your matches in total, and so it rewards close matches like #4 and conversely doesn’t reward lopsided matches such as #2. There are cases where the SP system doesn’t necessarily reflect the difficulty of the match, but I won’t get into that here because I’m supposed to be answering your question.

If there is a DQ, then the team that was DQed receives zero points whatsoever from that match, regardless of the match score. That means 0 WP, 0 AP, and 0 SP. It should be noted however that the alliance partner still can win the match after a DQ occurs in the qualification matches. Thus, for the DQed team’s alliance partner, that team does not get DQed and still receives as normal their points from the match. That means that for match #3 up there, even though one of the teams on the Blue alliance received a DQ, that team’s alliance partner would still receive 2 WPs and 20 SPs (and 4 APs if they indeed did win autonomous). However for elimination matches, where only the match score matters, if a team gets DQed, then every team on the same alliance is on the hook for a DQ as well.

TL;DR - For a match, you are awarded a number of SPs equivalent to the losing alliance’s score for that match, and at the end of qualification matches, your SP is equal to the sum of those losing alliances’ scores from the matches you participated in.

@AppleDavidJeans You sniped me by 3 minutes. Welp, just to consolidate, I’ll delete my original thread and repost it here.

Taken from @hatarange 's post seen here.

I don’t believe that there is anything called "SR"s in this game, but due to the wording, I assume that this is talking about SP’s, or Strength of Schedule Points. This is supposed to show how hard the match was by how many points the loser scored. (Think about it: in theory a score of 72-71 in basketball is a much closer match than 100-43.) Assuming you are talking about SP’s, that is a correct interpretation.

If a team is disqualified, that team that is disqualified gets 0 points. Their alliance partners and their opponents in the qualifying matches still get the same SP’s.

Here are some applicable quotes from the manual:

Lol I was kinda confused when I first read that…
Yeah, what @GBHS VEX Member said

For In the Zone, the autonomous bonus is 10 points, so a team would get 10 APs for winning Autonomous.

That’s right. I graduated out of VEX after Starstruck, so I was still thinking in terms of Starstruck. Unfortunately I can’t correct the post because it’s too late.

To correct myself, you get APs equivalent to the point bonus for autonomous winner and the total AP is equivalent to how many autonomous periods you win times the point bonus awarded for the autonomous winner. Thus:

Yeah SP ops, that’s what I get for playing too much overwatch.

Also, Thanks for answering my question.