For those teams that cannot go to states this season because of the coronavirus or who just didn’t qualify, I’m sure that we’re all really frustrated about not being able to compete. So, I thought we could have a little indoors competition so we can all stay healthy but still compete! Here are the rules for this unofficial skills contest.
- Each submission should be either an auto or driver run
- The winner of the challenge by highest scoring run gets an Unofficial Skills Auto/Driver Highscore Award
- The winner of the challenge by lowest scoring run gets an Unofficial Skills Auto/Driver Consistency Award
- Submissions trying to qualify for the Unofficial Skills Consistency award should be three+ consecutive runs, and the lowest score in the video will be multiplied by 1.05 to the # of runs power (i.e. 5% bonus per run). This post has an example of the calculation of the consistency award.
- Individual runs should not go over 1:00
- As long as your robot isn’t obviously out of expansion, it will pass inspection for this challenge.
- A partial field may be used, but please make an effort to avoid the edges of your setup and try your best to have it match the original game field if you have 16+ tiles.
- Any video sharing website (youtube, vimeo, etc) is acceptable
*Edited for clarity
The deadline for video submissions will be April 1st, and I’ll try to set up a little leaderboard website so we can see who’s winning if enough submissions happen. Good luck!